Sunday 12 May 2013

Let Go and Let it be


Humans have this innate instinct to be in control. What is wanting to be in control? – Have power over, be in command, direct etc., I define being in control as ‘Wanting to be God’ :) We want control over the people we love; we want surety that they will give us support; we want control over our lives and make sure nothing goes wrong; and when we are a little too young we also want everything and we want all that right here, right now; we worry about what people think of us; we worry if we have been everywhere and accomplished everything and so on :)

The fact is, God has given but a little control in our hands. The ability to choose - This is all we have. What happens as the result of our choices is beyond human comprehension leave alone control.

It is as though, we are put on earth to just find our place and do our job, make choices every single day and that is it! The Bible says, through worrying about tomorrow you cannot even make a single strand of your hair grow. Being in control is the opposite of the very nature of our existence. We can be leaders, responsible, accountable, pioneers but never in full control. Full control is God’s work. You and I can simply follow what is right and keep doing it. Of course, we can dream and think positive. We can project a bright future in our minds and see it take place in reality after a while but we can never control how our dreams get fulfilled. That is again, God’s work :)

At times when my thinking is running faster than light I stop and feel the pulse in my left wrist with the fingers on my right hand. My pulse goes pretty steady. Evenly spaced, small pulses that show I am alive, my body is functioning fine and I am healthy. This simple exercise puts an abrupt end to my controlling attitude. I realize that I cannot control my OWN heart. I don’t tell my heart to beat at a certain rate, make sure the blood reaches all the parts of my body and blah blah blah. Boy! Am I glad I am not responsible for all this intricate stuff! If I was handed the job of controlling my heart I would have done a pretty shoddy work and killed myself by now :) I actually rejoice that a God who is FAR more intelligent and perfect than me is running the show from behind the scenes.

Although we don’t have full power, the power of personal choice is real and available to us. We are actually capable of making counter-conscience wrong choices and land up in hell. This is why being connected to your heart is important. Being aware of what is right and wrong, and choosing right is important. Constantly analyzing and correcting the path that you've chosen is important.

If there are things in your life that aren't working the way you’d like them to, please don’t go crazy trying to fix them. If there are things to be changed in you, then change them. Do your best. Beyond that, let go and let it be. In the light of a calm heart, which is conscience driven, you will find the solution kept for your problem by God. Wait until then. God bless.

6 comments:

  1. hey i was thinking the same..nd seems the answer is for me.i always keep ön thinking about future.i get so disturbed by my sorrounding.eg if my husband is on sailing nd someone from my relatives would say he is on sailing most of d time.what kind of husband u have chosen..etc etc then i get disturbed.then i keep on thing have i done some thing wrong.all my frnds are njoying why not me..so now i wi5 wait for my right time..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad you enjoyed reading this post. I totally understand. I have had my share of "what sort of a life are you leading?" questions :)It hurt big time!! Some people just don't understand how much their words can discourage others :( At such times, as humans we feel tempted to compare our lives with others' who may not be receiving such mockery. But we should never hurt ourselves that way. Who knows what wrong things could have happened if we had not chosen this life? God has blessed you with a life and He has a good plan for you. Be a thoroughbred, wear your blinders and run your own race. For every stressful period there will be a time of rest. Keep writing in. God bless.

      Delete
  2. can you please help me.i am in love with a naval officer.now we got engaged and going to get married in the mid of next year.but now we have start fighting on small things.i told it to my friend and she said that it happens in most of the relations.freshness fades away.but i want to keep this freshness throughout life.we both love each other.and i want to feel like the first day we met.can you give me some tips

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Freshness can also be defined as novelty/newness. I hope you know that the thrill of entering a new relationship is experienced in the beginning of the relationship. After that freshness would mean making marriage-building choices throughout your lives; making sacrifices, lots of communication, changing according to your spouse’s taste, remembering your spouse’s pluses, forgiving easily, offering unconditional support, and when things go too awry simply being able to let go and laugh at yourselves. Don’t let ego be a wall between you both. If you can overcome that, you have gotten yourself a long happy marriage. I always like it when a person (I care about) shows their not-so-perfect side to me. It means they have stopped pretending and started being their real selves. That in turn implies that the relationship is heading towards being permanent and strong. I always tried to become my husband’s best friend. It did not happen in a day but it did after many struggles and loads of honesty. This friendship that we have is very strong. And hence the thrill of being in a relationship with my best friend remains and so does the freshness. I hope you understood what I tried to explain. I hope you will keep in touch. God bless.

      Delete
  3. hey when i read ur article,i always think dat this one is d best.but all latest articles are better dan previous one :) good work lady :) nd m njoying dis navy world.very happy :)

    ReplyDelete